Drugstore Makeup: My 4 Disappointing Products

20:55:00

Not all products, be it drugtore or highend, work tbh. Especially in the drugstore makeup world, it's tough to find something that actually works. All the products listed were products that personally did not work for me, so if some of these products are your holy grails, I'm sorry man they just didn't do me justice. So without delaying any further, here are my disappointing drugstore makeup products.

1. Essence All About Eyeshadow Palettes


I looove Essence makeup products. For the price they're retailed at, they're pretty freaking bomb, but this just didn't work for me. I bought two of these on a whim. I bought the All About Nudes and All About Roses eyeshadow palettes because it was like RM20 for one at Watsons. When I swatched them on my hand in store and they were super pigmented and buttery. But then, when I tried to actually use them on my eyes, the shades didn't show up nor did they blend well. Blending the shades was basically like wiping off the shadow all together, just like the Elianto eyeshadows.



2.  Silkygirl Perfect Stay 20HR Eyeliner


This product, I don't even know why it's still in my collection. It is so stiff, the colour payoff is terrible, and for some reason whenever I use this, my eyes swell up, and I have the least sensitive skin yet! Idk, I just really don't like this product, just, don't get it.

3. Silkygirl Long-Wearing Lipliner


Silkygirl, y'all need to sit down, and take your time to reevaluate your formulas or something because this lipliner was the most drying lipliner I have ever used. The colours are nice, no doubt, but putting them on your lips, it just accentuates your fine lines and dries out your lips completely. THEY DON'T EVEN LAST LONG. I don't even know why I haven't thrown this away either!
(BAH)

4. Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer


What?? Isn't this primer like a holy grail or a dupe for the Benefit Porefessional?? AND did I not say it was a favourite?? Yes, yes and yes, they are. But personally for me, a very oily girl, I started to remember why I rarely used it. I just slowly but surely started to not like it. Why, you may ask? Although it does give a smooth base, it sucks at oil control. Whenever I use this primer, I realise that my face gets oily quicker than usual, and I blot way more often with this. This is a disappointing product for me, because I just wish it had more oil control to it. 

So guys, those were my personal 4 disappointing products. These products that didn't work for me, might work for you. At the end of the day, you do you. I would love to know what your disappointing drugstore makeup products are. Comment below!

Love,
Taty

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe