Obsession: Bourjois Air Mat Foundation

01:28:00



I think y'all are with me when I say that almost every oily girl looks for the perfect matte foundation, right? There are a bunch of holy grails out there for the oil slick crew, but I think that those products are majorly high end, and it makes sense right because you pay more so you expect better results (sometimes). In my case, I'm always on the look out for the best drugstore matte foundation. Since Bourjois is known for their bomb-ass foundations, I had high hopes for this foundation.

Bourjois did not disappoint! 

Claims:

Bourjois' Air Mat foundation has been specially developed to give skin a smooth, matte finish that lasts for up to 24 hours. Its non drying, lightweight formula lets skin breathe throughout the day and provides high coverage for a flawless finish.

Feeling on the skin:

As it claims, it is very lightweight compared to other drugstore foundations. Also, it has this fruity smell to it that I expect is from the "skin care formula" it claims it has. If you're looking for something lightweight with oil control, then this foundation is right up your alley! 

Application:

It blends beautifully into the skin with both a sponge (Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge) and a brush (Zoeva #104 Buffer). It took some time to blend it into the skin completely, but the finish was definitely worth it. I do have to mention that it clings onto dry skin slightly, but a little extra blending at the specific area will smooth it out. So dry skinned girls who want a matte foundation, you need not be afraid!

Coverage:

I'd say it has a medium to full coverage and is buildable depending on your needs. If you want the highest potential coverage, use a brush instead of a sponge.

Bourjois Air Mat Foundation shades

Finish:

As expected, it is matte, but it isn't a flat matte. It's the kind of matte that just makes your skin look velvety and smooth. It makes my skin look really bomb, and I feel comfortable wearing it cause it doesn't look heavy even after building it up!

Special Characteristics:

1. Oil Control

This is honestly one of the best foundations I have for oil control. I rarely have to blot, and even when I do the amount of oil blotted is much less than usual.

2. Long-wearing

It says it has a 24 hour hold, but seriously though who is timing all this?? Like I don't even dare to wear makeup for more than 10 hours! Either way, it does last pretty long. Even through sweat, it doesn't fade off.

3. Doesn't Break Apart

Yay for another foundation that doesn't break apart at my oily areas!! Thing is with matte foundations is that it can look quite cakey by the end of the day but have no fear!! My skin still looked #flawless by the end of the day!!!

4. Packaging

I particularly love that it comes in a sleek squeeze tube packaging, so you get your money's worth.

PROS:

1. Long-wearing
2. Bomb-ass oil control
3. Doesn't break apart
4. Pretty dang cheap (RM54.90 at Watsons) 

CAN I JUST SAY THAT THIS FOUNDATION IS CHEAPER THAN THE REVLON COLORSTAY ok

CONS:

1. Very limited shades to choose from
2. Transferable

Final Verdict:

If there are any oily girls out there looking for a new HG foundation, check this baby out. It honestly looks so bomb, and so worth the money. I even have to admit that I reach for this foundation more than my NARS ADLW, which sorta sucks cause it costs literally like 3 times more than this foundation.


I hope this review helped you cempedaks (jackfruits) out there looking for a new foundation to love and care for! 

Love,
Taty.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe