Review: Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

02:18:00


DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE I MISS BLOGGING. Now, before I start my review, I just wanna apologise for not updating daily as I've promised before. My laptop crashed and died and well, at least now I have a new one! (Yay me!)


So now, to the actual post, my review on the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara.

I've had this mascara for a solid 2-3 months now, and I think it's fair to say that I have a valid opinion on it.

Price wise, it's hella pricey, especially because Sephora Malaysia just raised the prices of ALL makeup products sold in-store, it's now retailed at RM90, which is insane! I was lucky, because when I bought it, it was still RM79 (which is still effing expensive for a bloody mascara), but I still can (sort of) justify it with just how beautiful it is.


Speaking of how beautiful it is, the packaging is gorgeous! I love how heavy it feels in my hand, and even if it gets dirty it's easy to clean off. I honestly feel like 60% of the price goes to the packaging only, but we don't care as much for packaging rather than formula, right? So, onto my next point!


The wand is an hourglass shape, and they even write out an entire paragraph on why the specific shape, I like that the bristles grab every lash I have and coats it all almost evenly. The best way to use the mascara is to wriggle the wand from the root, since the bristles are really packed on the wand.

The mascara formula itself is not waterproof, which should signal a red flag for many of us living in a humid country such as Malaysia, but Too Faced is releasing the waterproof version sometime next season, if I'm not mistaken. Being non-waterproof doesn't scare me that much, but if you're planning to watch a sad love story on a date, don't use this mascara, okay? Funny thing is, even though it isn't waterproof, it's pretty tough to take off, even with cleansing oil!

 It's pretty smudgeproof, but work too slow and it'll clump up pretty gross-ish, so work your way quickly with the mascara, I mean dude you did just pay an entire week of nasi lemak and milo ais twice a day for a mascara. I love that it's jet black, so it makes your lashes look really full and thick. 

It does what it says, it volumises pretty well, elongates and curls. The only aspect of this that disappoints me is that it doesn't curl as much as I wish it would. I think their claim that it only takes one coat is bogus, but I think it's pretty regular for that to happen with brands and their product claims. In comparison to some drugstore mascaras, I think this mascara isn't something you need to have, but if you want to splurge on something, go ahead. 

Pros:

1. Smudgeproof
2. Volumises
3. Lengthens
4. Super jet black

Cons:

1. Pricey $$$
2. Non-waterproof
3. Doesn't curl as much as expected

Verdict:

So is it better than sex? No, but it's a nice mascara to have and keep in display if you have a few bucks to spend.

Love,
Taty

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe