Review: Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip Liquid Lipsticks

01:15:00


I swear there's not one person in the beauty community who doesn't know Colourpop. Colourpop Ultra Matte Lips have been the rave and a cheapskate's HG for the excellent formulation and cheap-ass price. So, obviously I just had to buy them because Taty is an unoriginal, cheap ho*.

So anyways, I bought my Colourpop Ultra Matte Lips for RM36 from @/popandsoap on Instagram. They gave excellent service, always responsive, and I received my products within the 3-4 weeks time frame (which some instagram shops *cough* glamvalera *cough* can't seem to stick to). I also found that they sold the UMLs for the cheapest price through some excellent intelligence skills, AND provide everything you want from Colourpop, so check them out!!

I bought two shades, Limbo (a dark red-undertone brown) and Beeper (a taupey rose-nude). And once again this is obviously because I will NOT pay RM130 for the Kylie Lip Kit because why would I??? Apparently, Limbo is a dupe for True Brown K and Beeper is a dupe for Dolce K. But that's a whole other blog post there.

So this review will be an overall review, not specifically on the shades above, but I will upload some swatches just so that you can get an idea of what they look like.

Colourpop Utltra Matte Lip in Limbo

Colourpop Utltra Matte Lip in Limbo

Colourpop Utltra Matte Lip in Beeper

Colourpop Utltra Matte Lip in Beeper
Left: Limbo / Right: Beeper
Price:

You pay RM36 for 3.2 grams, which is 0.2 grams more than Stila's Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick that costs RM96. That's a huge price difference, and you get slightly more!

Feeling on the lips:

I'm honestly surprised at how comfortable they feel on the lips! I hear so many people say that it's drying and it is, but it feels really nice! After using the lipstick, do use a lip balm after and let your lips rest from the dryness. It does accentuate dry skin, so make sure to exfoliate your lips beforehand to achieve the best results.

Opacity:

One swipe is honestly enough. The colours are incredibly pigmented, and glide on smoothly. They aren't patchy at all and the opacity is consistent. Great thing is that you can add multiple layers to get an extra oomph from the UML, without worrying about your lips flaking off or feeling like your lips are slowly dying.

Can it take a beating?:

If you rub your hand against your lips then yea, it'll smudge but ever so slightly. It is really a long-wear formula, so it adheres to your lips pretty fucking well. I think this is great if you're going out to have some fun with your friends and don't wanna worry about touching up, swimming, the beach, on a date because you don't want him to see you with a lipstick moustache (when only your upper lip has lipstick) or you know, sitting at home watching tv (like me almost every day). BUT against oily food, nah man. It slips right off just like that!

Yay or Nay:

Definitely a yay! The UMLs from Colourpop are absolutely amazing. For the price point, the formulation, the quality and quantity of the product, it's something that I think everyone who loves makeup should have. I can't wait to expand my collection! 

Love,
Taty


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe