Obsession: Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation

02:54:00

Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation
  
Yes, I'm still alive, don't worry. I know I haven't been active, but after midterms, and lack of ideas to blog about, I finally found something worth writing about! And yes, it is the cult-favourite; Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation.

  Countless of hours of research was spent in determining the incredibility of this particular product. Cehhh, bapak berlagak (so cocky). The research was done through two mediums; the Internet, and my face. Like I mention every time I review a product, I really did my research. Hours of review videos, hundreds of personal reviews, and immense focus during the wear tests, has finally lead to this blog post.

 So without further adieu, let's get onto it!

  To be honest, it was really intimidating buying foundation online, since you can't colour match yourself, but thanks to Reddit and my trusty eyes, I was able to buy it in the shade 322 Warm Honey. Thankfully, it matched me perfectly!


322 Warm Honey

Claims:

 This ultra-lightweight foundation contains micro-powders that absorb oil for a matte and poreless-looking finish. Unique formula goes beyond matching just skintone and also matches the texture of normal to oily skin for the ultimate natural fit.

Feeling on the Skin:

 They're not kidding when they say it's lightweight. I was pleasantly surprised when I finished my full face, because the consistency of the product itself is slightly thick. Not as thick as the Revlon Colorstay, but definitely not as watery as the NARS All Day Weightless Luminous.  Now, for the oil control factor, I'd say it lasts on its own without any blotting for up to about 8 hours. But then again, unless you wear foundation the entire day, it won't bother you as much if you're just gonna go out for the night. BUT BOY OH BOY DOES IT MINIMISE YOUR PORES. I usually have to use a pore-minimising primer, but with this; bruh I was good to go with just a regular primer.

Application:

The foundation blends wonderfully with both a brush and a sponge. As usual, you'll definitely get more coverage with a brush. But using a brush, I'd say you need to spend a little more time to completely buff it into the skin. What I love is that it doesn't accentuate my dry skin too much unlike my NARS ADLW. So if you do have dry skin, don't be afraid to check this foundation out!

Coverage:

Okay just to be clear, I'd never get a light-coverage foundation. Maybe I will one day, but for now I'm good. This foundation has a medium-full to full coverage, you can definitely build it up to your liking.

Finish:

The finish is obviously matte, but it looks like skin. The matte-ness (is that even a word) of it isn't too two-dimensional and dull! 

Special Characteristics:

1. Pore-minimising

Like I said previously, it definitely minimises your pores. You can obviously use a pore-filling primer prior to the application, but if you don't, don't worry!

2. Doesn't Break Apart

For my oily gals out there, this is a must whenever it comes to foundation!! This foundation is cheap, and it does an excellent job at not making you look like dried up pimple cream.

3. Long-wearing

The foundation doesn't control oil after the 8-hour mark, but it does last pretty well even through the oiliness. Just touch up with some blotting powder/film if you want to get rid of the shine!

PROS:

1. Pore-minimising
2. Doesn't break apart
3. Long-wearing
4. Cheap (RM49 at @cosmetics.junkie on Instagram)
5. Wide range of shades

CONS:

1. Packaging doesn't come with a pump


Final Verdict:

I think this foundation will be my new HG, maybe even placing it higher than my ADLW! If you want an affordable foundation actually worth your money, get this. I've used  it ever since it came in the mail, and I'm obsessed with it.


I hope this review helped you hangry (hungry + angry, because Ramadan lols) people. Let me know below your opinion on this foundation!

Lots of love,
Taty.



You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Where did you buy this foundation from?

    ReplyDelete

  2. I've tried so many "long wearing" lipsticks that are total disappointments, but this is pretty astounding in it's longevity and coverage. MANY times better than the most expensive brands of long-wearing lipstick, including MAC, Urban Decay, NARS, Laura Mercier, etc.. It IS drying though, which is the nature of matte, long lasting lipstick, so I put lipbalm on top of it, and it's perfect
    https://linhcorner.com/product-category/beauty-health/lipstick/

    ReplyDelete

  3. I bought the product here. it's so good.
    https://nordicwallcanvas.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a good store for skin for beauty care
    https://nanacorner.com/product-category/beauty-health/skin-care-tools/

    ReplyDelete
  5. maybelline
    makeup brands often have better pigmentation, which means improved color payoff. Better color payoff means you need to use less product overall – you won't need to use as much blush if it's more highly pigmented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The experts have spoken, and the answer is, foundation should be one or two shades lighter than your skin tone. This is because when you use bronzer or contour then the foundation should be able to blend and give the perfect look to your face.
    maybelline foundation

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe