Review: Revlon Colorstay Foundation (Combination/Oily)

08:51:00


I feel like I'm really slow to jump onto the Revlon Colorstay foundation bandwagon, but better late than never, right? So recently, Revlon relaunched their Colorstay foundations formulated specifically for combination/oily skin types. Pandai la jugak diorang (they're pretty smart) to market that specific product to a country like Malaysia where it's always hot and humid

This foundation isn't exactly new, which is what made me hesitate to buy it at first. The old formula used to be cakey, shades were weird, and was just showing all the red flags that any person should look at before buying makeup. After careful research (dude I wish I put that much effort into my books lol), I saw that it was being hyped up again, and turn into many oily gals' HG

♡ NOW FOR THE GOOD SHIT 

Feeling on skin:

As soon as I apply onto my face, you can definitely feel it for the next 10 minutes or so. It doesn't feel lightweight, as claimed by the brand, but it doesn't bother me as much. Throughout the day, I myself can definitely feel the foundation. If you're someone who ultimately only wants lightweight foundations, then this baby isn't for you.

Application:

Unlike my NARS All Day Luminous Weightless foundation (read about my review on it here), it 100% applies better with a damp sponge (I use the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge) than a brush. I found that it took too much effort to blend it into the skin with a brush, compared to a sponge.

Coverage:

Now, when you use a sponge, you aren't getting the maximum coverage that could be obtained by any foundation, so I'd say if you want something full coverage; build it up. So I'd say it's buildable, medium to full coverage.

Finish:

It has a semi-matte, skin-like finish to it that tbh might trick you into thinking that you've always had perfect skin. I can't tell you how many compliments I got on my skin wearing it! They couldn't believe that I was wearing makeup because of how natural it looked (read my tips and tricks for the "No Makeup" makeup look here), and I felt pretty gosh darn good about myself for the rest of the day.

Special Characteristics:

1. Controls Shine
The foundation doesn't claim to have any oil control properties to it, but only that is is formulated for oily skin. When using the foundation, my skin definitely gets its natural shine after 2-3 hours, but there's something about the foundation that makes it look healthy and glowy rather than gross.

2. Long Wearing
It claims to have up to 24 hours of wear, but weh siapa sanggup pakai makeup lama tu (who's willing to wear makeup that long)? What I can say is, that with a minimum wear of 8 hours that I got from it without any setting powder, it did a really good job staying put, only slightly rubbing off at the areas where I touch my face the most (which makes sense lol). 

3. Transfer-proof
One of the major props I have to give to this foundation is how transfer-proof it is! Now, I'm not saying it won't stain your hijab or clothing when in contact, especially without setting powder, but through the day of blotting countless of times, I didn't see any major trace of foundation transferring to the blotting paper. I was so shocked I deliberately blotted like 300 more times just to check if it's legit. 

4. Doesn't Break Apart
Also I loooooooooove the fact that it doesn't break apart at my oily areas. Certain foundations have the tendency to but this foundation just looked flawless the whole day

Check Ins:

3 HOURS
-skin looks slightly oily
-foundation still stays put though
-I look bomb af

6 HOURS
-slightly faded at cheeks and forehead (because I rub those areas a lot, so it's my fault)
-still looks good no doubt

PROS:

1. Long lasting
2. Transfer-proof
3. Doesn't break apart
4. Reasonably priced (Watsons RM68.80)

CONS:

1. Limited shades available
2. Feels slightly thick
3. Blends well only with a sponge
Final Verdict:

If you have combination/oily skin, then this is an amazing drugstore foundation to get. It definitely stays somewhat true to its claims, but won't cause a huge hole in your pocket. So if you ask me, hell yea I'll be wearing this more often. I'm already starting to turn my friends to it! I looked pretty freakin' good till the end of the day, and people couldn't even guess that I was wearing makeup (hehe).

For all the notes, I'd like to thank my gang, the real OGs, for telling me everything and helping me with my notes on the foundation (love you girls). Hope this post helped all of you double, triple, quadruple checking your wallets, hesitating whether to buy it or not.

Love,
Taty

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. hi there! mind sharing your shade for this foundation? thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe