Flawless: How To Keep Your Face On (As An Oily Girl)

20:43:00

Hello friends, family, peers, strangers, it is I, Tatyenna, BACK AT IT. I know it's been a long-ass time since I've updated this blog, and honest to God I would love to get my YouTube channel up and running, but I have some technical issues, so hopefully it'll all be solved and I'll be able to FINALLY post makeup tutorials and such.

OKAY NOW BACK TO THE POST. 

As a Malaysian chick that faces hot and humid weather 10 times out of 9, I face long, sweaty and oily days when I go out. So, I did a little bit of experimenting, and found my personal keep-your-face-fresh-af technique and I hope you guys can benefit from this, too!

1. Make sure you cleanse your face

If you're putting on makeup from the AM, then you probably will go through your regular cleansing routine then proceed to put on your makeup, and that's great! But if you are putting on your face later in the day, cleanse it of natural oils by using a cream/liquid makeup remover or toner. This will make sure that you have a clean canvas to let your makeup to adhere to your face and allow the natural oils to later settle into your skin and makeup.

2. Moisturise!

People often choose not to, thinking that it will only make their skin extra oily. Truth of the matter is, when you don't moisturise your face, it will cause your skin to secrete even more oil to combat the "dryness" of your skin. So not moisturising = extra oily skin.

3. Use a mattifying primer on your oily areas (or if you're like me, use it all over)



For those of you that are oily only in specific areas, don't be afraid to mix your primers! You can put a silicon-based primer on your oily areas and a more hydrating or luminous primer all over. This will ensure that you won't look to flat-matte and still be able to rock an 8-hour or more wear of your makeup.

4. Apply a super-mattifying foundation on your oily area


I get extra oily around my T-zone and under my eyes, So I choose to use the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24 Hour Foundation at those areas. I apply two layers of that there, then use a semi-mattifying foundation all over. Don't be afraid to use different types of foundation where you need it, Just make sure that the shade matches/blends with each other.

5. Bake your oily areas
I find that baking at the areas you are more oily keeps the oil at bay better than just setting it with a powder brush. Let your powder take its time to melt into your skin. This is a technique used by Drag Queens since forever, so you know it's legit! Then you can use a face powder to set the rest of your face to avoid cake face.

And that is all I have done when it comes to keeping my face last! I've been using this technique for about a month now and it has yet to fail me. Hope this works out for you guys too!

Lots of love, 
Taty

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe