Flawless: How to Clean Your Makeup Brushes/Sponges

21:40:00


I'm honestly soooooooo embarassed to admit this but, I only found out how to clean my makeup brushes like, last year. So, you could imagine how dirty my foundation brush was when I cleaned it for the first time (eep!). Anyways, I realise that companies like to screw us over when it comes to cleaning products, charging like RM50 for a bar of soap. Like, are you f*cking kidding me??? So, here's how to flawlessly clean your brushes with household items (and a cheap makeup brush/sponge detergent) so that you can go HAH in the corporate world's face.



Firstly, the good ol' dish washing soap and olive oil. Antibacterial dish washing soap plays a role in breaking down the makeup and disinfecting the bristles while the olive oil both break down tougher makeup products and conditions the bristles so that it'll be soft! Thing is, make sure you use a ratio of 1:3 (olive oil to dish washing soap) because if you put too much olive oil, it can end up being tough to wash and gets sort of stuck onto your bristles. It'll end up being like putting oil on your face while doing your makeup.


Next, baby shampoo! Now baby shampoo is generally less irritating, and it's really bomb at cleaning your brushes while conditioning them. Honestly, I don't know WHY but, I know it works. So just wash your brushes with baby shampoo and ta daa, clean brushes!


Lastly, Daiso's makeup sponge detergent and cleanser! This ones my favourite because it's so easy, and it does a great job at cleaning my brushes. I mean for RM5.30, I don't mind repurchasing, it's so inexpensive! 

How to clean your brushes:


  1. Prepare your cleaning solution of choice.
  2. Swirl your brush into the solution. 
  3. Take either the palm of your hand of a textured rubber mat and swirl your brush with running water over either surfaces.
  4. Run your brush through water again to make sure all the soap is gone.
  5. Lay your brush on a towel and let dry overnight.

Hope this helps you girls out!

Love,
Taty

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe