Anti-Haul #1 : Kylie Cosmetics, Too Faced, Kat Von D,...

05:30:00


  I'm sure every day we are bombarded with thousands of uploads on makeup hauls by beauty v/bloggers (including myself), but what if we talked about the things that we're not going to buy? The things that might look pretty in our collection, but we don't actually need? Cue in "anti-hauls". I want to give credit where credit is due, so the actual creator of this tag is Kimberly Clark, a Drag Queen who does YouTube and likes discussing about consumerism. (Check out her video here)

  Now, as a disclaimer, this is in no way or form dissing the brand themselves, some brands just have hits and misses, or maybeb I'm just personally not interested in that particular product. BUT, if you do want to buy any of the things I'm listing out, please do you. This is just my personal preference, and you should spend your hard earned coins any way you want!

  Now, lets get to the anti-haul, shall we?

1. SiliSponge (Price Unavailable)
  Now, this whole SiliSponge hype started out just like how all gimmick-y beauty hacks start out, through Instagram. We see through beauty pages a girl applying her foundation with this "sponge" and the cool part of it is that it doesn't soak up any product at all! Clearly, it seemed like a good idea at first, but then came the performance of the product. The SiliSponge doesn't work like the Beauty Blender, it makes foundation sit on top of your skin, and leaves a patchy finish. Even if you did want to get it so that you don't "waste product", if you still have to go in with a Beauty Blender or brush after that, then what is the point of it? So sis, it's a no from me.

2. Beauty Blender Micro Mini (RM93)
  I don't get why you need a separate, tiny beauty blender just for your concealer? It doesn't seem economic to me. I mean if you're a makeup artist, then yeah sure use the mini blenders on your client, you don't cross contaminate product, and keep the hygiene of your tools. But for the every day user? Sis, nooooo. I am completely fine using my regular beauty blender, morphing its tip to fit the inner corner of my eyes, to blend concealer out. So, no I will not be purchasing that anytime soon.

3. Cover FX Custom Cover Drops (RM209)
  This is another thing that would honestly only make sense if you were a makeup artist. I remember when these first came out, the hype around them was crazy, everyone swore by these! Now, here's why I'm not buying it. I'm a very simple girl, I like full coverage foundations, only. So I don't plan on using my moisturiser mixed with a pigment as my base, or darkening/lightening any of my foundations since we only have one season here in Malaysia; hot and humid. So in the long run, I have no reason to have this product sitting in my collection, I'm better off just buying another foundation for less than the price of these drops.

4. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder (Price Unavailable/I think it's RM199 lol)


   This is another item that I just don't need. Not because it's terrible quality or anything, I'm sure it has excellent quality, which is why so many people love it. The reason why I'm not buying this, is because I already have a loose translucent setting powder. I've had my Coty Airspun for about a year now and I haven't even gone through HALF of it. I clearly don't need to waste my money on another one anytime soon.

5. Kat Von D Shade + Light Contouring Palette (RM250)
  Holy shit, I sound insane now, right? How can I, a makeup addict not want the Kat Von D Shade+Light Contouring palette??? Well, here's why. When I contour, I at most use two different shades. Also, I already own the NYX Professional Contour and Highlight Palette, so there is really no reason for me to have two full sized, filled with six different shades, contour palettes. Contouring oesn't even use much product, so I really, honestly, truly think I don't need a new contouring palette for quite some time.

6. Kat Von D Alchemist Palette (RM145)
   No no, I'm not shitting on the brand, it's just this particular product. To be honest with you guys, I really, REALLY wanted this palette. It was already sitting in my cart on the Sephora App, ready to go, but then I was like "do I really need this?". So when I waled into Sephora the other day and saw the product right in front of my eyes, I was honestly glad that I didn't get it! First of all, out of all the four shades in the palette, the only one I would probably use is the lavender shade, and I already have that! Plus, the pans are so small! For RM145, I'm expecting at the least, medium-sized pans. So if you ask me, this isn't really worth the value.

7. Too Faced Sweet Peach Glow Kit (RM185)
  I think the whole Peach line is cute and all, but I already have these shades. I have a peachy-pink highlighter, a shimmery, peach blusher, and I never use shimmery bronzers. So all in all, I'm sure these are great quality, but I don't need it.

8. Marc Jacobs Beauty Air Blush Soft Glow Duo (RM205)
  Now, everyone absolutely loves these blushes, and for the price you're paying I'm sure it's bomb. But as someone who doesn't collect makeup or has makeup as her source of income, it's just a little too much for me. The blushes are gorgeous, but the price is way too high for me to justify something as simple as blush. I'm sure I could find something that can work for me, may not be the same quality, but for much much less.

9. Kylie Cosmetics Kylighters (Price Unavailable)
  Sis, Kylie Cosmetics always finds some way to mess up, yet people will always forgive them and keep on buying their products. When people first received their highlighters, it was a HOT mess. Peoples packages came without the highlighter inside them, the pans were upside down, the product was stiff and not pigmented. I mean, I am NOT here for that. Especially for the price you're paying, you're getting crappy product too. The packaging is only cardboard, there's no mirror, and it looks cheap. I'm better off taking that money and getting myself a proper highlighter that I can trust from Sephora or buying three highlighters fro Colourpop. So nu uh, I will not spend my hard earned coins on that.

  I'm planning to make this a permanent thing on my blog, so tell me what you guys think of this. Do you enjoy it, do you find it informative? Let me know down below!

Lots of love,
Taty





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe