Anti-Haul #2: Too faced, KKW Beauty, Lorac, ...

05:09:00


I swear nowadays these makeup brands are releasing something new every other week. My anti-hauls don't necessary follow the releases, some of the products are new, some are old. it's just me sitting here discussing why I won't buy them.

I love anti-hauls, I really do. Social media is so saturated by hauls and PR unboxing and releases; making you feel like you NEED to get every single new release. But I am here, as your Fairy God Mother, to show you why it's all lust!

Same disclaimer again, this is in no way trying to bash the brand or the name behind the product. These brands are fantastic, it's just that I personally don't need/like them. Now onto the second anti-haul!

1. Lorac Mega Pro 4


I've always loved the limited edition Mega Pro palettes that Lorac brings out, I always thought the colours all went well with each other, and it'd be a great buy if you wanted to buy a single palette that has all the shades you need. Now, their 4th edition, the colours seem entirely off. The first and second Mega Pros had a very neutral theme that could be worn from day to night, even the third had a theme of pastel pink shades that were very sweet. This palette tho, the colour scheme looks awkward, and I feel like the palette is too cool-toned with the exception of a couple of shades. Personally, it's a pass for me.

2. Too Faced x Kandee Johnson I Want Kandee Eyeshadow Palette

Now, I don't hate Kandee or anything, it's just that Too Faced is notorious for producing collaborative/limited edition palettes that suck. Many have said that the shades in these palettes are just recycled from previous palettes then plastered with somebody's name.  I rarely ever steer towards Too Faced when it comes to eyeshadows, lots of people have said how disappointed they are in the quality f these palettes. Also, for someone like Kandee Johnson, I expected the palette to have more fun and vibrant colours to truly showcase her bubbly personality in a palette. Same thing goes for Graveyard Girls' palette collaboration with Tarte. Boring, compared to their personalities.

3. Tarte Big Blush Book 3


Honestly, who needs all of these 8 shades? Also, the packaging is INCREDIBLY nonfunctional. How the hell am I supposed to bring a huge circular palette with me when I travel? Tarte has the same case as Too Faced, in the sense that the quality of their LE stuff dont match up to their regular products. So this is a definite pass for me.

4. Too Faced Chocolate Gold Palette




Too Faced is REALLY milking the cow here. How many Chocolate palettes do they need to produce until they realise we won't buy everything that has the word "chocolate" in it. The colour scheme is ridiculous, the shades don't mix well with each other at all. This palette is literally an excuse to for their die-hard customers to spend more money on their half-assed products.

5. KKW Contour Kit (Powder and Stick)



Now, I love the Kardashians. I can't deny that they are the epitome of finesse. But first you had Kylie Jenner throwing out her over-priced products, and now Kim has jumped on the same bandwagon! I think the product itself is really beautiful, and honestly do believe that Kim put in effort (at least way more than Kylie did) into her products. But the packaging is cheap, and price is outrages for the amount of product you get. Also, Kim is soooo late to the contour party. If she released this a year ago, then yeah it'd probably be relevant, but now there are so many cheaper options that people wouldn't bother. 

6. Jaclyn Hill x Morphe Eyeshadow Palette


Guys just know from now that I'm never going to support Morphe. The shades look beautiful, really. And the palette truly looks like Jaclyn's soul and personality, but Morphe private-labelling then hiking up the prices of their products, I can't support that. Also for USD38, it seems like a good bargain, but then again you probably already have 2/3 of the palette's warm shades, and you're probably only missing like 4 shades in the palette. So if you are a makeup junkie, I'm sure you have these shades already in your collection. NEXT

7. Kylie Cosmetics Birthday Collection


I'm anti-hauling the ENTIRE collection. Looking at Ms. Jenner's past releases, her packaging is crap, and so is the quality. Yet her products still sell out because it's her name. The loose powder highlighters look glittery and chunky, the I Want It All palette looks like it was a back-up design of their Valentine's Collection, I'm not impressed by her lip kits when there's Colourpop, and the brushes look private-labelled. PASS

8. Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Palette


Guys, when the photos of this palette first hit the Internet, I was super excited. The shade selection looked so unique, and really urban. The shades made sense, I could make a few different looks from this single palette, and after hearing how good their Modern Renaissance Palette was, I expected the same from this palette. But alas, it didn't perform well. The shades oxidised, didn't blend well, were patchy and had incredible kick back. This hurts me to say, but I'm gonna have to anti-haul you.

9. Too Faced White Chocolate Palette


Y'all, this palette looks like an ashy mess. Same thing here, the shades don't make any sense! There's a weird green shade that looks like puke, a lavender and suddenly black glitter. If you wan't to make a pastel palette, take some notes from Kat Von D. This palette looks like trash, and unusable.

10. Too Faced Clover Palette


You know what, if they kept this palette at the bottom 8 shades and stuck to that theme, it'd be a great palette. But here they are throwing in other shades that end up making this palette look messy. It doesn't look cohesive at all. And the packaging, how old are we, 9? I don't need a palette that looks like a kid's toy, I just want a palette that's functional and works. I get that TF's aesthetic is cute and all, but this is just childish.

So, that was my second anti-haul. So far the new releases don't look that bad, but the Holiday collections should be out soon, and we shall see if it's worth hauling or not.

Lots of love,
Taty

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe