Review: Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation

03:34:00



  As a self-proclaimed foundation junkie, I don't discriminate the product from the source. In this case, it is a high-end brand, but stick with me, it might just tickle your fancy. If you read my past post, you'll see that I hauled the Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation. After about a month of playing with the foundation, I think I have a pretty good idea of the foundation; pros, cons and all that good stuff.


  I purchased my foundation in shade 7.0 from the Urban Decay store at Suria KLCC for RM155. First of all, the price point is pretty average for a high-end foundation. It isn't on the lower end of high end prices, but it isn't on the higher end of high end foundation prices either. If you ask me, I say splurge a bit for foundation since it's going directly on your skin, so I personally think the price point is acceptable.


PACKAGING

  Next, packaging. The packaging comes in a mirror-like plastic tube that comes with an air pump. The thing I enjoy about air pumps is that it ensures yo are getting as much product as you can get since it pushes the product upwards as you go on, so that's a plus for me. Definitely easier than a bottle without a pump, and it dispenses a good amount of product for each pump.

 The packaging isn't exactly heavy, or as high-end feeling as it looks, but if you're bringing it in your makeup bag, then that's a plus for you.

PRODUCT
 
  Now, to the actual product itself.  The shade range of the product is fantastic, it definitely caters to all skin tones out there, but because it is so pigmented it does oxidise a little, so when picking your foundation shade, just be careful and leave the swatch on for a few minutes to see if the shade is to your liking.

  One pump is all you need to cover your entire face, and be careful about how much product you use. If you use two pumps, it'll end up looking incredibly cakey and unattractive. (I learned that the hard way!). The finish is honestly beautiful, it's more towards skin-like than it is matte, which I personally enjoy instead of a flat matte surface.

  I believe that it is full coverage at first application, but if you're oily (like me), it tends to fade a bit even with setting powder and spray. It doesn't rub off entirely that it leaves a weird, discoloured patch on your face, but it doesn't hold up so well till the end of the day.

  As I am quite oily, I don't think it holds back oil as much as I'd like it to. By hour 6 it requires a powder touch up to keep my skin matte.  The only issue I have with this is that it does cling onto dry patches. So for the dry-skinned girls out there, this foundation is not for you.

APPLICATION
 
  For application, I personally prefer a Beauty Blender to a brush since it soaks up any excess product and doesn't leave it looking heavy. But, it is beautiful either way with a sponge or a brush. For an even fuller coverage, opt for a brush instead.

PROS AND CONS

Pros:

  • Good price point
  • Comes with an air pump
  • Requires little product
  • Wide shade range
  • Blends easily with a brush or sponge
  • Long-wearing
Cons:
  • Oxidises a little
  • Too much can cause cake-face
  • Doesn't control oil too well
  • Fades a bit
  • Clings onto dry patches
FINAL VERDICT

  Would I recommend this to a friend? Yes, if she has oily skin. No if she has dry skin.

Hope this review helped you guys!

Lots of love,
Taty

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. was about to buy this but thank god I read your review first! I have dry skin, btw. good post. keep it up! xx

    Amirah
    www.musingsofmiraa.blogspot.my

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Subscribe