Obsession: My Concealer Collection

01:08:00

 


  Throughout everyone's makeup journey, you experience a lot of trial and error. Impulse buys, or being persuaded by a friend or acquaintance are factors to this.

  When I buy makeup, I usually go through a ton of consumer reviews through Makeup Alley or Sephora websites. when you don't have the cash to just throw around and buy every concealer that Beauty Gurus on YouTube recommend, you have a harder time trying to decide which concealer to get.

  So here today, I am introducing all of you to my concealer collection with a brief review below them that hopefully will help you in your decision making.

DRUGSTORE CONCEALERS

1. Revlon Colorstay Concealer (RM49.90)


  I bought this as an impulse, just to see if there is any other drugstore brand that can compete with Maybelline's concealers. I bought my concealer in the shade 04 Medium from Watsons for RM49.90.

  This concealer is honestly really underwhelming. When I saw that it was under the Colorstay line, I expected it to be just as good as the foundation, and it isn't. It has very light, slightly buildable coverage, but no matter how much you layer on, it'll just blend out to nothing. Also, I tried building it up, and it just ended up caking and creasing really badly.

  If you have nothing to conceal whatsoever, just want the slihtest bit of brightening, sure go for this. But if you have dark circles or veins under your eyes, this won't do shit for you.

Final rating: 4/10

2. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer (RM34.90)


  I'm sure everyone has heard how much people absolutely love this concealer on YouTube. If you watch Tati aka Glam Life Guru on YouTube, you'll see just how much she loves this concealer. It's also allegedly a dupe for the Tarte Shape Tape! Now that I can't vouch for, but as far as I know, it's a bomb-ass concnealer.

  I bought this concealer the week it was released in Malaysia at a Watsons in Kuching, Sarawak for RM34.90 in the shade Medium. This concealer is so good! It has great coverage, the formula is a dream to blend out, AND it's cheap. It's so good, I even got my mom hooked on it. This concealer starts of medium-full, but you can layer it to get a fuller coverage.

  The only issue I do have with this is that you only have 2 shades to choose from. Just make sure that you set your concealer to avoid creasing.

Final rating: 7.5/10

3. Maybelline Fit Me! Concealer (~RM30)
   The Maybelline Fit Me! line is great just so you all know, so don't be afraid of getting the foundation, concealer or powder.

  They don't sell this in Malaysia, but you can buy it through InstaShops. I bought this while I was in the UK for about RM30 in the shade 20 and 35. As you can see, also a cheap concealer. People love this for a reason, it gives you the formula, finish and coverage of a high end concealer for less than half the price!

  The shade range is fantastic, it is a medium coverage concealer, but very buildable. Easily blends out on the skin, and doesn't dry out the under-eye area. It's such a beautiful concealer, you could even use it as a foundation if you wanted to!

Final rating: 9/10

HIGH END CONCEALERS

1. Sephora Collection High Coverage Concealer (RM65)

  Okay, I don't know why people aren't raving about this concealer, because it is amazing! I bought this in-store for RM65.00 in the shade 31 Almond. This is such a full coverage concealer on first swipe, blends out beautifully, has a beautiful natural finish and a huge shade range for all skin tones.

  I honestly, truly don't know why there aren't people talking about this. I use this way more than my Nars Radiant Creamy concealer, and that should say something.

Final rating: 10/10

2. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (RM112)

  Anyone who knows makeup knows about this concealer. The Holy Grail of many, this concealer has received such a hype that if you don't own this concealer, you feel as though you have sinned in the beauty community. For RM112, it isn't exactly a quick decision to make. But, at the end I finally gave in and bought the shade Medium 2 Ginger, and I don't regret it one bit.

 It has a medium to full coverage, it builds beautifully and has a very natural finish that hydrates the under eye area. Because it is a more hydrating formula, for oily skin types, it tends to break apart after about 6-7 hours.

  But still, compared to the price point and formula of the Sephora High Coverage Concealer, I would choose the latter over the former.

Final rating; 8.5/10

3.  Estee Lauder Double Wear Brush-On Glow BB Highlighter (RM122)


  This is the most expensive concealer I own lmao. This shit was RM122! Thank God I had a RM60 coupon that made the concealer half off. No one really talks about this at all. Looking for reviews on YouTube was tough enough, but there were pretty good reviews on Makeup Alley.
 
  This is a more hydrating formula compared to the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, so the finish is slightly more on the dewy side. I love how luxe the packaging is, but what's hard is that if it finishes, you have no way of finiding out.

  It's a medium to full coverage concealer that is buildable, but it does oxidise slightly.  I got mine in the shade 3/4W Medium (Warm) which is the darkest shade available in Malaysia. What I don't like is that you need quite a bit of product to build it up to my desired coverage (which is of course full).

Final rating: 8/10

  So these are all the concealers I own! If there was any concealer stated here that you were thinking of getting, I hope this mini review helps you.

Lots of love,
Taty

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe