Review: Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

22:20:00


 
  This is honestly a long overdue post, but I thought it'd be appropriate if I took my time with the foundation to really figure out if I genuinely enjoy it or not. The first time it released, I was excited, as was everyone else. The crazy amount of hype around it honestly contributed to many having incredibly positive comments about the foundation, especially it being Rihanna's brand.

  Many on YouTube who have had negative things to say about this brand's product(s) have been met with negativity and hate, and honestly it just isn't fair. Everyone should be entitled to their own opinions, and I hope I won't be ostracised for mine.

  I've had this foundation for a little over a month, and after numerous wears in the hot weather that casts over Malaysia, I think I have a pretty good idea of what I enjoy (and don't) about this foundation.


  The Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation retails for RM145 at Sephora. You get 32ml of product, which is slightly above the standard, and it's relatively cheaper to other foundations sold at Sephora as well. I got mine in the shade 330 Warm-Tan at Sephora Online .

PACKAGING

  I honestly dislike the packaging. I think the bottle feels very high end, especially with the frosted glass, but the pump itself is very messy, and mine has now a ring of foundation at the rim of the pump, as if the pump is faulty. It's a little upsetting as it does look cheap in that sense.

  The pump itself is a very basic pump, unlike the air-pumps you get with the Urban Decay All Nighter foundation that ensures you get every single ounce of your product out. The white cap itself also gets very dirty very quick, but it is easy to clean off.

PRODUCT


  What I definitely love about the foundation itself is the wide shade range that it has to accommodate to various skin tones, which is definitely a plus. The formula of the foundation is very watery, and it dries down super fast. To avoid having a patchy application, you really need to work in sections with the product.

  According to the website, they say to shake well before use to ensure the pigment is completely mixed in with the foundation as it does settle at the bottom of the bottle when left standing up right. They recommend one pump for medium coverage, and two for full coverage.

  On first application, it gives a very flawless finish, but it reacts differently with different primers. It doesn't seem to like silicone primers, as when I do use my NYX Photo Loving Primer, it seems to emphasise my pores. I've heard many BGs say that you can get by without setting the foundation with powder, but since it's so humid here, I suggest powdering anyways. At the end of my day (7 hours), I realise that even with powder, the foundation wears off very slightly, becomes patchy at my oily areas and will move around if I don't touch up quickly.

  It does feel light-weight on the skin, but I think it wouldn't be the best for dry skin as I do believe it is quite mattifying.

APPLICATION


  I really do think that the number of pumps correlated with the type of coverage you get is accurate. They also say for full coverage application use a brush, and a sponge for medium coverage. I haven't used the foundation with a brush, because I feel that it's so watery I'd lose more foundation compared to a sponge. A sponge application gives a skin-like matte finish that is very "your skin but better".

PROS AND CONS

Pros:

  • Good price point
  • Wide shade range
  • Mattifying
  • Requires little product
  • Long-wearing
Cons:
  • Pump is not economic
  • Packaging is a little wonky and easily gets dirty
  • Dries down extremely fast
  • Gets patchy in oily areas
  • Doesn't work well with all primers
FINAL VERDICT

  Would i recommend this to a friend? Yes, I would but only if she has combo/oily skin. I do think that it is pretty affordable, and the pros outweigh the cons. Will you get the full 32ml of product? I can't confirm that. But looking at the type of packaging it is, I honestly doubt it. Does it deserve the hype surrounding it? I say no, because looking at the product as a basic foundation, it really is just a normal foundation with some pros and cons.

Sorry for the super late review, but I really do hope that this review helps you make an educated decision abut buying the foundation, and not just the hype around it.

Lots of love,
Taty


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe